Privacy Notice and Notice of Information Practices
The Insurance Store Ltd. and its affiliated companies appreciate the trust you place in us when you ask us to help protect and accumulate your assets. You trust us with your private, personal information when you invest with us or purchase insurance from us. We are committed to protecting your private information. The Insurance Store Ltd. does not sell information about you to others.
To learn more about how The Insurance Store Ltd. collects and uses your personal information, please read the following notice.
The Insurance Store Ltd. Sources of Information About You
We collect personal information about you from:
- The information you provide on applications or other forms (such as your name, address and Social Security number, income level and certain other financial information).
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your payment history and claims information).
- The information we receive from a consumer reporting agency (such as your credit history).
- Your insurance companies or financial advisor (such as updated information pertaining to your account).
- Government Agencies (such as a county recorder’s office).
The Insurance Store Ltd. Uses of Your Personal Information
We treat your information with respect and concern for you privacy. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
For example, we may share any or all of your information with our affiliated companies. We may also disclose any or all information we have collected about you to companies that perform services on our behalf and to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements such as:
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, or attorneys who would need the information to handle your claims.
- Your insurance company, to allow for servicing of your policy.
- Insurance rating organizations who require information for actuarial purposes.
- Law enforcement or other governmental agencies in response to a subpoena or threat of one, or in connection with suspected fraudulent claims.
- Our affiliated companies.
When we make this type of disclosure it is done to service your account or policy, or to inform you about our products and services. Before disclosing your information, we require our companies to promise to keep it confidential and use it only for the transaction we request.
Protecting Your personal Information from Unauthorized Access
We limit employee access to customer information to those employees with a legitimate business reason for such access. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
Your Medical Information
The Insurance Store Ltd. obtains medical information only in connection with specific products or claims. We will not use or share personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of your policy, claim or account, or as otherwise disclosed to you when the information is collected.
How Can You Contact Us?
The Insurance Store Ltd.
P.O. Box 80
Casey, IA 50048
The Insurance Store Ltd.
P.O. Box 488
Adair, IA 50002